AW: Re: AW: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem using USB joystick+telemetry l

From: address@hidden
Subject: AW: Re: AW: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Problem using USB joystick+telemetry link as RC replacement
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 19:30:33 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Gautier,

thanks for your help! Today I managed to get the right messages sent to the
aircraft, now roll/pitch/throttle can be
controlled by the joystick. :-)

Now the servos seem as they cannot decide which specifications to follow, the
one from the autopilot and attitude
control or that from the USB joystick: they jump around. E.g. even if I give
full throttle, the motor controller seems
to toggle between full and no throttle.

If I move the joystick, any value != 0 should override the autopilots steering
commands in order to have control
over the airplane even if does weard things.
I did a quick view of http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Theory_of_Operation but I
need to understand how the values for
roll/pitch and throttle are calculated. Exists an overview how the values are
handed over  from main_ap.c, nav.c and
fw_h_ctl.c? Think I will print out these files and take them to bed with me for
reading this night. :-)

Best, Rainer