Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi without R/C transmitter/receiver

From: Roman Krashanitsa
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi without R/C transmitter/receiver
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:08:22 -0700

It is true that we usually fly outside of the RC range but in my experience, most failures occure at launch or landing when RC is in range. We saved probably tens of airplanes this way. Of course, the safety pilot's reaction has to be very good, otherwise, autopilot default reaction -- shut off the motor and keep airplane straight -- is a better choice.