Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Cannon Launch Detection

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Cannon Launch Detection
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 23:16:03 +0200

Hi,

David Bryant wrote:
Thanks Pascal,

That's extremely helpful. I've got a module running, following the outline that you provided. I'm reading from the ADCs and want to be sure I understand how they work correctly.

From what I can tell, you declare a buffer (struct adc_buf) and register it for samples to be accumulated in it (adc_buf_channel). Then in each update it would seem you can either:

* Use the average value accumulated: buf.sum / buf.av_nb_sample
* Or look at the samples directly buf.values[0..buf.av_nb_sample - 1]

Is this correct?
Yes

What causes this structure to get reset?
There is no reset function available but since it is a concrete type, you can reset it by hand
What is the member buf.head about?
It is the index of the last inserted value
Are modules automatically written for paparazzi automatically licensed under GPL?

Yep. If you want to distribute an application involving this code, it will be GPL

--Pascal

Thanks,
Dave