Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connecting the xsens IMU to the Tiny

From: Andreas Gäb
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Connecting the xsens IMU to the Tiny
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:39:21 +0200

Hi Gautier,

Gautier Hattenberger schrieb:
> I have been trying to connect the Xsens to the PC software through a
> Tiny with different solution of tunnel implementation. And I've not been
> able to make it work... This is really frustrating. My guess is that the
> PC software is waiting for something or has a very short timeout on some
> request, but really I've not been able to find what was wrong with it.
> If you found anything, please tell me !
I just checked the connections with an oscilloscope, and everything
looked OK. The Xsens UART levels are rather high (-0.8 V and + 5.6 V),
but they seem to be recognized well, because UART0 copies the signal at
0/3.3V, as far as I can tell. And this signal is also the same as the
one the Xsens sends over its included cable. So at least the tunnel
seems to work OK, and the Xsens seems to work normally.

However, the state machine from ins_xsens.c does not work, and when
connecting directly to PC, the received bytes are rather arbitrary,
though there are a lot of bytes zero or one.

I'm at a loss right now, postponing this to tomorrow.

By the way, there is some LED code in uart_tunnel.c, but none of my LEDs
shows something. Is this expected behaviour?

Greetings,
        Andreas