RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2.11 reset problem, solution, noise

From: mark.griffin
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny 2.11 reset problem, solution, noise
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:20:51 +0200

There are many ways of reducing/eliminating electrical noise.
An RF choke on the throttle lead from the electric motor controller/BEC
is a good idea.
I try and eliminate ground loops as much as possible. Observe where the
ground wires are going and keep them in a star arrangement with one
common point.
Unfortunately, the Tiny 2.11 has only a double layer board. The earlier
Tiny v1 was 4 layers and much better at suppressing noise. There has
been talk about going back to a 4 layer board but as far as I know, no
one has produced/is selling one. I think that the extra cost for a
4-layer board is well worth it.
/Mark