[Paparazzi-devel] flight plan's block change through GCS buttons questio

From: chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] flight plan's block change through GCS buttons question
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:06:42 +0300

I am having a peculiar problem where last time i couldn;t change blocks when i pressed the
appropriate block strip button on the GCS.
I suspect an exception i had in my flight plan where if the voltage drops below 9.7 volts
the flight plan shoulf deroute to "stanby"
flight plan code:
<exceptions>
<exception cond="9.7 > PowerVoltage()" deroute="standby"/>
</exceptions>
I did got a "BAT_LOW_WARNING" so i run a simulation
and this indeed should happen but now that i have deleted this exception
and i am trying to test it at home.
First i removed the propeller and then i engaged "AUTO2" with the plane on the work bench. The problem i have is that the flight plan remains on the "Waiting for GPS" block
no matter what button i press.
Of course i don't have any GPS reception inside the house so it looks logical
but i need to ask, is this normal?
Is there any way i can circumvent this and/or test the ability to communicate with the airplane
both ways?
Is there any special button i need to press in order for the GCS to send the block change
command to the plane in actual flight?
Both Xbee pro modems are set for 9600 bps transparent mode.
Chris