Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: more Arctic flying

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: more Arctic flying
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 18:25:28 +0200

Hi Christophe,

thanks. There used to be a broken sunglass in my very first video box that I carried to the airfield but it got sorted out over time...so nothing comparable here :-(

It is not only the bright snow that gives the camera a hard time, it is also the cold and the fact that we removed it from the case and made it fragile with its flexible flat ribbon wires.

Pascal wrote a UDP telemetry forwarder that should enable us to do some live Google Earth flight telemetry transmission. We are waiting for the airport to close (planned 16:30 UTC) but expect some more rescue helicopter traffic. Right now we have the simulation up:

http://uav-flight.de/var/FUN8/FollowMe.kml

We will turn on IRC and give info when we fly for real.

Martin

Christophe De Wagter wrote:
Very nice shots Martin,

But don't you have an old pair of (plastic) sunglasses left to cut appart and put in front of the camera?

Good luck,

Christophe