Re: [Paparazzi-devel] more Arctic flying

From: Martin Mueller
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] more Arctic flying
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:51:34 +0200

Haiyang,

we wanted a nice film so we tried when there was not a lot of wind :-) But some, you can hear a difference in throttle setting when it is circling at 1500m.

We flew at wind up to 13m/s on the ground (our meteorological pole was measuring 20m/s maximum in gusts even higher). That was about the limit for the Funjet. And us. Cold air gets very nasty in the face at that speed and -20°C. Plus there was a lot of snow flying low then.

Martin

Haiyang Chao wrote:
So cool that such a small platform can fly so smoothly. But it looks like there is no wind while u guys are flying. Just one question for curiosity, u guys ever try to fly in arctic while it is pretty windy? like 10 mile/hour or 4.5 m/s

--
Haiyang Chao