[Paparazzi-devel] Where are the attributes for "YAW" located?

From: John Koches
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Where are the attributes for "YAW" located?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 13:12:30 -0400

I am using an ir emitter developed for PENTAX cameras.  The way I have it configured now is that you simply connect the emitter to the ap at one of the servo ports.  I define the port as the rudder and use the YAW command to control it.  I move the stick to the left and the camera shutter is activated.  I move the rudder stick to the right and the camera shutter is disabled.  The emitter is programable so that I can take a picture every second or every 5 seconds, etc.  This works well with the rudder in that I am using a flying wing without any tail and don't need the channel.  Also, the rudder (YAW) is passed through the ap in all modes.  In other words I have manual control over this channel, the rudder channel, when the plane is flying autonomously.  The only real problem with this setup is that I might forget if the camera is on or off because the rudder stick always comes back to the neutral position.

My question is how do I make another channel like "Switch_D with function = "CALIB" in the T7cap.xml file to operate as a pass through in all flight modes?  I can get the new switch assignment to work in manual mode by modifying the airframe file, but the switch has no effect in auto1 or auto2.  I have seen where the YAW command was defined a while back, but can't remember where that was.  I am using a derivative of the funjet.xml as my airframe file, the T7cap.xml radio file, basic.xml settings file, and default.xml telemetry file.  If someone can just get me started in the right direction that would save me a lot of time.

Another question I had when looking at the radio file was the term "average".  I never looked at the PPM signal and have been flying with the T7cap.xml provided with as I recall some modifications.   The average used in this example is "0" for the first 4 channels and "10" for the last 3 channels.  Maybe someone can tell me what the average is actually doing.  The wiki points to some sort of filtering process which I don't understand.  I mention this because the CALIB and the MODE functions listed in this file both use an average of "10" for some unexplained reason.

Thank you in advance for whatever help you can give.

jkk