Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Funjet airframe software questions

From: Stephen L Hulme
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Funjet airframe software questions
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:26:41 +1300

Dear Pascal

Thank you for the info. I will trial everything and let you know the outcomes.
Regards

Stephen

Pascal Brisset wrote:
There is no direct relation between the values of the radio transmitter and the servo values.
In manual mode, RC values are translated into *commands* (according to the rc_commands section in your airframe file). Then, commands are translated into servo values (according to the command_laws section).
These _commands_ intermediate allow you to use different transmitters without modifiyng your airframe file.
--Pascal

Stephen L Hulme wrote:
Dear Martin
Thank you for your comprehensive response. It is most helpful.
But I know the Futaba T7cap.TX has a pulse width throttle sequence reading of say max= 1000 neutral=1500 min=2000.
In reality they are slightly different on the oscilloscope reading and I accept that Futaba reverse the min max. Therefore, do I just leave that conf/radios/T7cap.xml file as it is set at min=1930 and neutral=1930?
You should adapt the file to your transmitter. Use 2000 for min *and* neutral in the radio XML file if this is the value you measure.
Sorry if I am confused. It's because I am when I note the aileron servo settings seem to roughly match the TX xml file.

Stephen