Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR Sensors problem

From: David Buzz Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] IR Sensors problem
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 07:06:44 +0200

Rui,

There are two likely causes for this. Either the IR sensor is bad, or the ADC port is bad.

To check the ADC port, move it to one of the other ADC ports. Study the pinout (http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Image:Tiny_v2-1_pinout.png) and make sure you understand what you are doing. If the problem persists, the ADC port is not the culprit.

The IR sensors are pretty sturdy, but any sort of bad connection or bridging will cause them to not work at all. If you bought it, I would recommend sending it back. If you built it yourself, double check all connections. Make sure you don't have any shorts.

The only other thing I would recommend is checking the airframe file. You should have in the makefile section:
ap.CFLAGS += -DADC -DUSE_ADC_0 -DUSE_ADC_1 -DUSE_ADC_2

and this in the adc section:
   <define name="IR_TOP" value="ADC_0"/>
   <define name="IR_NB_SAMPLES" value="16"/>

(Note, you will need to change the IR_TOP adc if you move it to a different ADC.

Buzz

Rui Costa wrote:
I'm facing problems with my IR sensors.
You can see this video, where I show the problem:
http://www.azoreanuav.com/temp/IR_Problem.wmv
I have the foam on the sensors and the vertical data is crazy.
What I'm doing wrong? Best regards
Rui Costa