Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Funjet airframe software questions

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Funjet airframe software questions
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:25:44 +0100

Hi Stephen,

Stephen L Hulme wrote:
Dear Martin
Thank you for your comprehensive response. It is most helpful. But I know the Futaba T7cap.TX has a pulse width throttle sequence reading of say max= 1000 neutral=1500 min=2000. In reality they are slightly different on the oscilloscope reading and I accept that Futaba reverse the min max. Therefore, do I just leave that conf/radios/T7cap.xml file as it is set at min=1930 and neutral=1930?
You should adapt the file to your transmitter. Use 2000 for min *and* neutral in the radio XML file if this is the value you measure.
Sorry if I am confused. It's because I am when I note the aileron servo settings seem to roughly match the TX xml file.
There is no direct relation between the values of the radio transmitter and the servo values. In manual mode, RC values are translated into *commands* (according to the rc_commands section in your airframe file). Then, commands are translated into servo values (according to the command_laws section). These _commands_ intermediate allow you to use different transmitters without modifiyng your airframe file.
--Pascal