Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Funjet airframe soft?= ware questi

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] =?ISO-8859-1?Q? Funjet airframe soft?= ware questions.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 08:31:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi Stephen,

> 1) : I have embedded a this camera and transmitter in the wing root of
a Multiplex funjet and have
> added conf/settings/switch.xml to the GCS switch strip.
>
> Will I need to add:
>
> # Video switch
> ap.CFLAGS += -DUSE_GPIO
> ap.srcs += $(SRC_ARCH)/gpio.c

For Tiny 2 adding settings/switch.xml in "settings" of your conf.xml
should do.

>2): What is the logic for employing different throttle/motor settings
for different funjet frames? For
>  instance
>
> airframe name="Funjet 1 Tiny 2.1">
>    <servo name="MOTOR"         no="0" min="1000" neutral="1000"
max="2000"/>

> <airframe name="FunJet GFI 1 Tiny 1.1">
>    <servo name="THROTTLE"      no="2" min="1550" neutral="1550"
max="1900"/>

> And if it's to do with tiny versions are there changes I need to make
for a tiny 2.1.1 board.?

No, both Tiny versions are the same. The 1550 neutral was a workaround
for some brushless controllers. When using the XBee there is a 2s delay
at startup where the 1,5ms default servo pulse length is sent by the
servo driver (4015, 4017). Some brushless controllers sampled this and
use it as minimum value and were confused by a lower value after
startup. The 4015/4017 is now changed to give the MOTOR_NEUTRAL defined
in your aircraft config file so the 1550 is not needed any more, use
1000 1000 2000.

> 3): Can I replace tiny_ 2_1.h with tiny_2_1_1.h in
conf/airframes/funjet1.xml

Yes. If you compare them you can see that only the battery voltage
calculation is changed (to adopt 2_1_1 to the Tiny2 default battery
divider resistors).

Martin