Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying Paparazzi near water

From: antoine drouin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Flying Paparazzi near water
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 23:39:45 +0100

Hi Martin

> I like to fly float planes, so I might fly Paparazzi on water.

I seem to recall Anton and Jeremy flew over water with no problem.
There's also a project of sending a Paparazzi UAV fly from french
coast to Corsica, and I don't think they'll be able to avoid flying
over water.

> Another question which is somewhat similar:
> What if you fly near a mountain, in sloping terrain?

MAV05 took place in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the middle of the Alps
and Paparazzi took the 4 first places. The accuracy of the attitude
estimation is degraded and hence the accuracy of navigation is
degraded too, but in a very acceptable way (ie, your circles might be
a little oval, but your aircraft wont turn upside down ).

Regards

Poine