[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Tuning Suggestions Part II

From: TurboTas
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Tuning Suggestions Part II
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 05:27:58 -0800 (PST)

Thanks all for your comments over the last couple of weeks.  I _think_ I have
now fixed the problem.  In the end, it was probably Christophe De Wagter that
put the final piece into place for me.

It all stems from when I originally set up the airframe and radio file.  I used
the R\C and simply tweaked the orientation of the Radio file until everything
worked.

In fact, I think that the servos needed reversing and not the radio file.  So I
had tuned the plane to fly upside down ;-)

When it came to the vertical IR, I had the orientation correct, so the major
orientation in the PFD looked correct.  Using Chistophs advice regarding
blocking the sensors with warm objects, I was able to work out what was wrong.

On the bench I now have an airframe that responds correctly to R/C commands in
MAN and to moving my hot hands around the IR sensors when in AUTO1.

As per numerous suggestions, I've disabled the roll gyro until further down the
line.

Next steps are now to start the tuning process again now that the orientations
are all correct!

Thanks again to Christophe, Cedric, Volker and all the other commenters for the
suggestions.   Fingers crossed for an AUTO1 flight soon!

Toby.