Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid AMD64

From: Paul Rawlinson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi on Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid AMD64
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:34:06 -0000

Hi,

My Linux skills are almost nil.  Put it this way.  I waited until a stable, easy to use and understand version of Linux (Ubuntu) was available before migrating over from Windows.
I have always found that compiling from source goes wrong 100% of the time for me and when I have to troubleshoot it takes days because I don't know what I'm doing.

It's okay, I think I'll go down the VM route for now because I've just been reading a forum where someone runs a paparazzi VM from his MAC laptop.  He said it works well.

Thanks,
Paul.

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 12:29 PM

Paul, why don't you compile it by hand? If I can compile it for armel...should be even easier because ocamlopt is available on x64. You just need to tweak a couple of makefiles that are i386 gcc specific, which is the usb stack an the radio protocol libs. Can't see any problems, you need to do

-xml-ocaml something, from the source in the wiki

-ivy-c from the ivy website

-ivy-ocaml from same place as xml-o

then cvs checkout pap, and try to make it.

Took me an evening for armel, so should be fairly quick on an x64!

Hope this helps

Gareth R