Re: [Paparazzi-devel] (no subject)

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] (no subject)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:44:29 +0100 (CET)

Hi Paul,

> 1.  What is the range of the device?

depends on the transmitter (the original Pollin camera/transmitter is in
a heavy metal case) and antenna. We used a 50mW transmitter and a Yagi
receiving antenna and no issues at up to 1.5km distance.

> 2.  How do you power the camera?  (I understand the base USB unit
takes
> it's power over USB)

Think it uses 9V.

> 3.  What success have you had with this camera in terms of visual
quality?

It's about what you get with any of this "consumer grade" analog video
transmission systems. The good thing about the Pollin digitizer is that
it can keep track of the video sync even in noisy signals.

Martin