Re: [Paparazzi-devel] please help with gps

From: Ben Paratz
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] please help with gps
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:03:18 +1000

Hi,

You may be having a similar problem to one that I had recently.

Are you using a Tiny v2.11 with LEA-5H? If so, you need to add the following line in the makefile section of the airframe code:
 -DGPS_USE_LATLONG
This must be above the line: ap.srcs += gps_ubx.c gps.c

You can also find this on the wiki at: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Airframe_Configuration#GPS

From my understanding, all this does is tells something in the autopilot to actually use the data coming from the GPS. Before I added this line in my airframe code, the GCS would fully populate, but the autopilot was not properly processing the data from the GPS and so the resulting coordinates seemed to be random.

Would you be able to let me know how you go with solving this problem? I would be interested in what the cause of the problem is.

Hope this helps,
Ben Paratz