Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New navigation routines

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New navigation routines
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:51:12 +0100

Hi Austin,

thanks for your contributions to the project, especially the document in the wiki.

Austin Jensen wrote:
About adding additional stages.. is it ok if I add more stages to paparazzi, or would you rather me just use the call stage for the navigation routines I write?

I think we should avoid to modify the flight plan language when possible. We hope everything can now be done using the "call" instruction (with the help of the pre and post functions) without having to change the DTD, the preprocessor, and so on. As you have seen, the gen_flight_plan.ml is already awfull and long (800 lines) and we should avoid to add not compulsory features until ... a complete redesign ?

--Pascal