Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation Problems using Ubuntu 8.04

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Installation Problems using Ubuntu 8.04
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 05:25:25 GMT

The paparazzi-bin package is just what results from typing "make" after
installing the dev package.  There is no need to uninstall it, it simply gets
recompiled anytime you recompile.

I don't know what all those various remove commands did but I would guess some
extra stuff was uninstalled.  Usually you can just install whatever package it
complains about but if the packages are complaining about missing dependencies
and those dependencies are also failing to install, you can try to update your
entire linux installation with:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Make sure your sources.list has only the correct paparazzi source.  You must
search the web to figure out if you have hardy/squishy/grumpy or whatever they
call it in a desperate attempt to avoid version numbers.

sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
  check for the line:
  deb http://paparazzi.enac.fr/ubuntu dopey/curly/fergie main

Then to install pprz, just run these 4 commands from your home directory:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install paparazzi-dev
sudo apt-get install paparazzi-arm7
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/sources/paparazzi co paparazzi3

-- "John Koches" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I have been using the paparazzi-bin package with success, but decided to switch
to the paparazzi-dev package as the next step.  I used the following commands
in a terminal.

sudo apt-get remove paparazzi-bin
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get install paparazzi-dev
sudo apt-get install cvs
cd~

I then followed the instructions on the wiki page under installing the Source
Code (not needed with paparazzi-bin)

This approach was not successful.

I then went to the Synaptic Package Manager, uninstalled everything loaded from
the paparazzi site and tried to install the paparazzi-dev package  without
success.  I  uninstall everything again and tried to install the paparazzi-bin
package without success.  There seems to be a number of dependancies that will
not install.  This is an excerpt from the Synaptic Package Manager following my
attempt to install the paparazzi-dev package.

paparazzi-dev:
 Depends: ivy-c-dev but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: libxml-light-ocaml-dev  but it is not installable
 Depends: liblablgtk2-ocaml-dev  but it is not installable
 Depends: boa  but it is not installable
 Depends: gnuplot  but it is not installable
 Depends: libgnomecanvas2-dev but it is not going to be installed
 Depends: liblablgtk2-gnome-ocaml-dev  but it is not installable
 Depends: libcamlimages-ocaml-dev  but it is not installable
 Depends: speech-dispatcher  but it is not installable
 Depends: glade  but it is not installable
 Depends: libocamlnet-ocaml-dev  but it is not installable

There is probably something simple that I have left out or failed to do...but I
could use some help in figuring that out.

Thanks in advance.

jkk