Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem of getting google earth connection

From: Hillar Lago
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] problem of getting google earth connection
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:31:06 +0000

I am new to the paparazzi so please excuse if this has been answered before. how do you load a map from previously downloaded tiles? I ask because I have this problem before and have not been able to figure this out. I see the folder where all the tiles are, but how to load them?

thanks

-------------- Original message from "address@hidden" <address@hidden>: --------------

Google does not allow people to use their map tiles in 3rd party software (i.e. paparazzi) and they have algorithms to detect such attempts. Generally, you can get about 1 km^2 per day without triggering Google's system. Once triggered, Google will ban your IP address from access to maps for a day or two, even