Re: [Paparazzi-devel] RC/Servo Glitches

From: David Buzz Carlson
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] RC/Servo Glitches
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:14:37 +0300

Just an idea, I've seen this reaction before without paparazzi in the mix. It generally happens when my servos are either not centered correctly and hitting the edge or the servos themselves are bad. Maybe something to look into.

On a completely unrelated note, wish me luck in my first test flight today :)

Buzz

address@hidden wrote:
Hi,

I am working with a Tiny v2.1 and if have been able to get pretty much all
systems working on it except for RC control. I have a JR XF421 EX 5-Channel
transmitter. I have measured the pulse timing with a oscilloscope and entered
it into the radio file. Im not sure about the values for DATA_MIN, DATA_MAX,
SYNC_MIN, SYNC_MAX. Ive entered similar values to that in the other radio files
so it thought it should be fine.

When I turn on the autopilot and switch to auto1 or manual, the autopilot
recognises a signal from the transmitter and the servos move. However the
movement has some glitches. When I move any of the sticks in any direction the
respective servo moves correctly to a certain point then stops for some time.
Then if I keep moving in that same direction it jumps instantly back in the
opposite direction.

Im not sure what causing the problem, i set the timing and changed the airframe
file to have RC_JR in the makefile. It doesnt seem to be interference because
the exact same motion happens on every attempt.

Is there something I missed or that needs to be modified?

Thanks,
Sebastian