[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 37

From: Toby Seaman
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Paparazzi-devel Digest, Vol 52, Issue 37
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:35:26 +0100

I just built a tiny 2.11 board. I could flash the bootloader with the isp
using windows or linux.

So the isp seems to work fine. But when I plug it into my computer (windows
xp) it says the device isn't working

properly. I then tried to compile and flash (isp) the exemple "switching
led" succefully but it isn't working either.

I suspect that the crystal isn't properly soldered (it wasn't easy !) even
though the scope doesn't show it clearly.

Would anyone of you have an .hex file that is known to work that I could
test on the board

Hi there,

The two (yes, two) newbie mistakes that I made were as follows - maybe one of these obvious pointer will help:

1: Make sure you are using the correct port on the Tiny (The 8 pin connector called USB) and that you USB Lines are the right way around. I must admit, desopite having a connector called USB, I was trying to connect my 2.11 to my PC via the Download Port ;-(

2: Make sure you connect the Tiny to the USB bus before powering up the Tiny. If you do it the other way around, I don't think the USB download code starts. I'm sure the techies can give you a better explanation that this. PS, Well done on making your own 2.11. I tried and failed to build my own 1.1 and my problem was with the XTAL: I completely delaminated the circuit board. So you are not alone in having problems with the Crystal. In the end, I bought a ready made 2.11 from one of the really great guys that have links on the PPRZ wiki.

Toby.