[Paparazzi-devel] Re: Replaying logs in Flightgear or linking to Flightg

From: cory barton
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Re: Replaying logs in Flightgear or linking to Flightgear in real time.
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:32:09 -0400

I realize today that I could have done a lot better job of phrasing my question.

After finding the flight_gear.c and flight_gear.h files in the paparazzi3/sw/logalizer/ directory and poking at things a bit with grep, I have the following:

address@hidden:~/paparazzi/paparazzi3/sw/logalizer$ grep flight_gear *
ahrs2fg.c:#include "flight_gear.h"
flight_gear.c:#include "flight_gear.h"
Makefile:ahrs2fg: ahrs2fg.c network.c flight_gear.c utils.c

This revealed that I should look at ahrs2fg.c  and Makefile

I started looking at ahrs2fg.c, and as I understand it(given my limited C skills), ahrs2fg.c does the following:

1.Opens a net connection with flight gear as the intended target on port 5501
2.Uses glib to add a timer callback to periodically send some data to flight gear. I have no idea where this data is coming from. Does anyone know?
3. Does something with Ivy. I do not know what Ivy is.

I also noted in the Makefile, that paths for flight gear are defined to /home/poine/flightgear, so at the very least I would have to modify the Makefile to use this program.

So;

1. What does this program do? Is it replaying log files to flight gear?
2. How do I use it?
3. Is it obsolete or abandoned?

Thanks,

Cory