[Paparazzi-devel] AUTO2 throttle management

From: Uttam Chandrashekhar
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] AUTO2 throttle management
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:23:15 +0530 (IST)

Hi guys,

We've been flying AUTO2 for a while now, I  have a question regarding throttle management in AUTO2. When we flew the day before, winds were gusting fro between 6-10m/s. In a headwind, the plane rapidly gains altitude without any throttle. What the paparazzi seems to be doing is since it's already xx meters above target, it keeps the throttle really low, about 9%, and tries descending, as a result of which the plane goes no where in the headwind. I agree the winds were bad that day, but in AUTO1 or MANUAL, with higher throttle, penetration is pretty good. Any ideas on how to solve this problem? Should I try the non default mode of vertical control by keeping throttle fixed and using only PITCH corrections??

-Thanks,
Uttam

Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Join them now.