Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Hot CPU

From: martin
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Hot CPU
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:07:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Mario,

> Everyting was working , while suddenly the communication
> stopped and the CPU was hot!

The autopilot 3.3V is not connected to the USB-TTL adapter power supply?
Is this a 5V or 3.3V USB-TTL adapter? Is there any 5V on the I2C?

The LPC2148 is 5V tolerant on most pins but only as long as the LPC
itself is powered with 3.3V supply. I have seen some USB_Vbus pins burn
cause the USB 5V was given directly to the pin without 3.3V being
powered. Now there is a voltage divider which reduces the voltage to
3.3V and also reduces the current. Did you power off the autopilots 3.3V
for the LPC to reset?

Martin