Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Antennas strength

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Antennas strength
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:08:57 GMT

The gps will perform better with a larger ground plane, and even better with a
larger antenna + larger ground plane, but the performance should be adequate
as-is unless you have lots of interference.

The Xbee modems with a wire monopole work well, you can try a conventional
dipole whip (basic wifi antenna), but the greatest improvement will come from a
8-15dBi patch antenna on the ground modem.

-- Mohammad Ali Haji Pour <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear all,

I was wondering what is the easiest and fastest way to increase the strength of
GPS and XBee on-board modem antennas. For GPS I am using 18mm patch antenna and
modem already has got a tiny dipole antenna.

Best Regards,

Mohammad