Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS accuracy

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS accuracy
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:25:27 GMT

If the difference is large, I would guess that you are incorrectly converting
minutes'seconds" to decimal.
http://www.csgnetwork.com/gpscoordconv.html

Otherwise, you must not have the same earth model on all devices.  We usually
use WGS84, the default for almost all GPS devices.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WGS84

The accuracy of the ublox should be better than any consumer grade devices and
should have an absolute accuracy of just a few meters.

-- Mohammad Ali Haji Pour <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I do not understand why am I getting a way far point with my GRAMIN gps devices
compared to u-blox? Any one has faced a similar problem? I checked 3 other
devices, but they are close to each other; however, far from the u-blox points.

Best Regards,

Mohammad