[Paparazzi-devel] Simulation inconsistency

From: Haiyang Chao
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Simulation inconsistency
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:40:23 -0600

Hello, everyone.

I got a pretty strange inconsistent problem for the simulation part. I changed "PITCH_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT" to the same value through two methods: 1 simulation gcs and 2 the MyAirframe.xml. The strange thing is that I got different results at least for altitude tracking.

We have a tiny 13 board working for real-flight waypoint tracking recently but the altitude is not well tracked (10 or 20 meters below the desired one in 1 minute auto2 flight time). So I used the same configuration file for simulation  and tried to locate the problem. But I got increasing altitude in simulation all the time. I guess the problem is from the "PITCH_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT" in IR section, which was set as '5.72 degree' in real flight. Then I decreased this value to 0.005 (in radiance) through simulation gcs. The simulation runs ok, the UAV stopped climbing at +30 m and maintained there. However, I got different results while changing PITCH_NEUTRAL_DEFAULT directly in MyAirframe.xml and recompile the code. The altitude climbing showed up again.

Do u guys have any clue why this happened, or any good document for parameter tuning?
I already started to dig in the simulation code, but just takes some time to understand.

Thanks
Haiyang