Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Funjet Back Plate

From: Hugo Meiland
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Funjet Back Plate
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 08:01:17 +0200

Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

On Apr 10, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Stephen L Hulme wrote:
Dear Gentlemen

Could someone kindly tell me what material the back plate, upon which the gyroscope and mini B USB connector is mounted in this photo, is made of? I initially thought it was plywood and subsequently bought a small piece of 6 mm hooppine ply. Unfortunately the cross section profile was different to that depicted in the photo, causing me to doubt my initial view and thus seek your help.

It's a (plywood?) sandwich (probably balsa or foam in the middle). So your plate is a lot heavier. I'd opt for something lighter and/or thinner - anything should go as long as it is not conductive. Styrofoam plate may be ideal.

make sure you face it at least on the inner side of the cockpit with something like 0.4mm or 0.8 mm ply, since it also functions as a "peg-holder" for the cockpit... a thin piece of grp from a pcb might also do the trick, and may be more along your line of thing to have on-stock :)

Hugo