Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help writing new messages into the code

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Help writing new messages into the code
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 07:47:03 +0200

Hi,

when a message XXXX is defined in the telemetry class of the conf/messages.xml file, a new macro

   DONWLINK_SEND_XXXX(...)

is generated in var/include/messages.h (note: this file is currently NOT generated from the Paparazzi Center; if messages.xml is modified, a "make" has to be done from the paparazzi3 directory). This macro (with its appropriate arguments) can be called anywhere in the the autopilot code.
If a periodic sending of the message is desired:
- an entry has to be added in the used telemetry configuration file (conf/telemetry/....xml) - a PERIODIC_SEND_XXXX() macro (with no arguments) has to be defined somewherein the code, usually in sw/airborne/ap_downlink.h : So it may look like

   #define PERIODIC_SEND_XXXX() DONWLINK_SEND_XXXX(&arg1, &arg2, ...)

--Pascal

Todd Sandercock wrote:
Hey all

I follow the wiki on adding new messages but all i get is and error : "warning: implicit declaration of function ‘PERIODIC_SEND_XXXX'"
What am i doing wrong?

Todd