Re: [Paparazzi-devel] NMEA setup for Paparzzi Autopilot

From: Marcus Wolschon
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] NMEA setup for Paparzzi Autopilot
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 12:14:24 +0100

Hello Martin,

these are all valid reasons to use the ublox but
no reasons to forbid using other receivers.

As far as I understand it, paparazzi is a hardware-
independent auto-pilot and >2 reference-hardware
-platforms. Thus limiting yourself to only one specific
sensor is indeed a shortcomming. It certainly is not
a feature.
You may prefer and recomment one specific sensor
but if there is a standard-interface (as with nmea or I2C)
the software in SVN should contain the code and
documentation to use this standard.

Marcus