RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Video transmitter

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Video transmitter
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:41:30 -0400

Hi,

You can 900Mhz for the video if you are not already using it for the Datalink. Generally, we use 900mhz for the datalink and 2.4Ghz for the video, but there is nothing wrong with doing the opposite if you can find equipment with suitable range.

I'm not an expert with RF and dealing with interference, but here's a few tips:
On board the aircraft, use the minimum TX power required for the range you need.
Try to leave a maximum distance between the transmitting antennas (Video, modem) and the receiving antenna (RC, GPS).

-yvest