RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Starting with the Paparazzi project

From: Yves Touchette
Subject: RE: [Paparazzi-devel] Starting with the Paparazzi project
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:07:04 -0400

Carlos,

There currently is two sources for assembled autopilots, they are listed here: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/index.php/Get_Hardware

You can also get bare PCBs from them or have them made by such a company as Olimex.
Then you will need to source all of the components and assemble the boards your self. It's very possible to hand assemble these boards, but you must understand they they use very small surface mount components and if you are not used to assembling this type if circuits, then you should just try to get some preassembled boards.

The rest of the components, you can use commercially available products.

It's recommended to start with a larger, stable and resilient electric powered airframe. The Multiplex products are easy to build and very robust, to they get a good recommendation. Look for the TwinstarII, minimag or magistar.

Keep reading the Wiki, install the source code, run the simulator to get an idea of how the ground station works. Then you can start having a look at the different source file, etc.

If you have any specific questions, then you can come back to this list and ask away :)

-yvest