[Paparazzi-devel] Problems with Maxstream SIO Drivers?

From: Toby Seaman
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems with Maxstream SIO Drivers?
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:15:52 +0000

Hi Chaps,

Does anyone have advice about getting the Maxstream XBPro USB device to work under Linux? I know it uses a similar chipset to the FTDI serial adaptor used for writing the bootloader.

My FTDI cable does work fine, but I'm at a bit of a loss working out how to get the Maxstream working. There is a drivers disc with the unit, but the source code version of the USB SIO driver is much older than that in my Debian distro, and I can't persuade the old version to even compile.

I'm guessing that I may not have to do anything other than insmod the driver with the right options, but am not presently getting anywhere weith the Maxstream support guys.

I know the device itself is fine as I can use it through windows without problem.

Any hints greatfully received!

Toby.