[Paparazzi-devel] New aerocomm modem API

From: Roman Krashanitsa
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] New aerocomm modem API
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:04:05 -0700

I am working on implementation of Aerocomm API mode (for recent 4790
models). Everything works fine and I can get messages from airplanes, except
the rate is less than perfect (about 10 msg/sec).

The reason for that is aerocomm packets transmitted from the host to the
modem should be separated from the next packet by a delay of at least 2ms
and then I should wait for the confirmation packet from the modem. Only
after that I can send the next packet to the modem. This basically
eliminates the modem buffer, it is of no use to me :((

This waiting time takes precious time from the autopilot processing loop
which is not good either.

One possible solution would be to call a function that would check the
aerocomm buffer several times during the main loop. Its that I don’t like
this drastic measures.

Any suggestions?

Roman Krashanitsa address@hidden
Department of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering
The University of Arizona
1130 N Mountain, PO Box 210119
Tucson Arizona 85721-0119