Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi quickstart

From: Pascal Brisset
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi quickstart
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:41:10 +0100

Hi,

there currently is a single configuration file for the Tiny 2.11: funjet1.xml . Concerning the datalink, this configuration uses the maxstream protocol. If you are using a maxstream modem, be sure to run thr ground link agent with "-transport xbee". It will also work with a cable. If you are using another kind of modem, comment out all the lines related to the xbee in funjet1.xml and uncomment the "TRANSPARENT" lines. Corresponding diff is attached. Be sure to choose the right modem baudrate (9600 here)

--Pascal

diff -r1.15 funjet1.xml
97,98d96
<     <define name="XBEE_INIT" value="\"ATPL2\rATRN1\rATTT80\r\""/>
< <!--    <define name="NO_XBEE_API_INIT" value="TRUE"/> -->
184,188d181
<
<  <section name="DATALINK" prefix="DATALINK_">
<     <define name="DEVICE_TYPE" value="XBEE"/>
<     <define name="DEVICE_ADDRESS" value="...."/>
<   </section>
212,216c205,206
< ap.CFLAGS += -DDOWNLINK -DUSE_UART1 -DDOWNLINK_TRANSPORT=XBeeTransport -DXBEE_UART=Uart1 -DDATALINK=XBEE -DUART1_BAUD=B9600
< ap.srcs += downlink.c $(SRC_ARCH)/uart_hw.c datalink.c xbee.c
<
< #TRANSPARENT ap.CFLAGS += -DDOWNLINK -DUSE_UART1 -DDOWNLINK_TRANSPORT=PprzTransport -DDOWNLINK_FBW_DEVICE=Uart1 -DDOWNLINK_AP_DEVICE=Uart1 -DPPRZ_UART=Uart1 -DDATALINK=PPRZ -DUART1_BAUD=B9600 < #TRANSPARENT ap.srcs += downlink.c $(SRC_ARCH)/uart_hw.c datalink.c pprz_transport.c
---
> ap.CFLAGS += -DDOWNLINK -DUSE_UART1 -DDOWNLINK_TRANSPORT=PprzTransport -DDOWNLINK_FBW_DEVICE=Uart1 -DDOWNLINK_AP_DEVICE=Uart1 -DPPRZ_UART=Uart1 -DDATALINK=PPRZ -DUART1_BAUD=B9600
> ap.srcs += downlink.c $(SRC_ARCH)/uart_hw.c datalink.c pprz_transport.c

address@hidden wrote:
David,
My guess is that you have a configuration miss match either in your airframe file, or between baud rates in the GCS and airframe. This is hard to diagnose without doing it in real time. I suggest you pop into the IRC channel and wait for some help. Myself 'anton_home' as well as dc3 poine hecto or jeremyt could all lend a hand. Others probably as well. With different AP versions out there configuration can be a bit tricky.

AJ