[Paparazzi-devel] New Antaris 4 GPS module

From: David Carr
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] New Antaris 4 GPS module
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:53:30 -0600

Hi all,

I want to let the group know that I've found a Taiwanese source of Antaris 4 based gps modules that are significantly less expensive that those made by u-blox. They're probably not suited for individual orders because there are over $75 in transaction fees (wire transfer fees, minimums, shipping) but if I purchase 25 or so they will enable me to offer a very competitive price for pre-assembled Tiny 2.11 boards.

However, there is a catch. The new module uses a slightly different footprint than the LEA-4P (its smaller) and so the PCB needs to be modified very slightly. Unfortunately, I do not have access to Protel and therefore cannot make this modification myself. Will one of the ENAC guys step up to the plate to make this simple change and help us out? If so, I think I can offer the new GPS modules to the list for about $50 each. I can provide all the necessary documentation to make the change. The modification will consist of drawing a new footprint and re-routing a few GPS traces.

Thanks,
David Carr