Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Pre Assembled Boards

From: Daniel Morgan
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Pre Assembled Boards
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:31:45 -0700

I like the idea

On 1/18/08, David Carr <address@hidden> wrote:
Yves,

The exact assembly process will depend on the production run size.
Most likely, components will be hand placed and then machine reflow
soldered.  I do have access to a pick and place
machine, and I will consider using that if the number of boards justify the
work required to set it up.

-DC

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:33:07 -0500, Yves Touchette
<address@hidden> wrote:
> David,
>
> Would you be using automated assembly or manual?
>
> -yvest
>

>> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 11:18:11 -0600> From: address@hidden> To:
> address@hidden > Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Pre Assembled
> Boards> > I've been seeing a lot of traffic on the list lately about Tiny
> 2.1 PCBs.> Is there an interest in pre-produced boards?> I've seen a
> section on the wiki about this but I want to gauge how much> active
> interest there is.> > I have a fair amount of experience with small
> electronic production runs> (25-100) and would be willing to build some
> Tiny boards for the paparazzi> project. Right now it looks like the lead
> time from today would be about 8> weeks and a Tiny 2.1 with GPS would
come
> around $200-250. If I produce the> Tiny> boards, I'd most likely run the
IR
> 4way and 2way boards as well so that we> could> have a complete kit.> >
Let