Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny v2

From: Uttam Chandrashekhar
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Tiny v2
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 23:41:16 -0800 (PST)

The other question I had is what would be the optimal mounting position for the vertical sensor board? The Tiny is going to fly a modified "Drenalyn" like platform, approx a 11" disc. Projected AUW is around 220gms, hopefully lighter. Since response times of the sensors are slow, how important will gyros be? Can I use off the shelf gyros for RC planes and helis, like some popular piezo gyros? If so, would I need to mod the gyro output in any way to interface with the Tiny? Since the Tiny has a built in ADC, I presume I might need outputs directly from the gyro and get the Tiny to process it, rather than have the circuitry on the gyro itself ( which interfaces between a RC receiver and servos ) do the processing?

-Thanks,
Uttam