Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MaxStream

From: Michel GORRAZ
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] MaxStream
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 10:27:11 +0100

Hi Brad,

In your aircraft, you need a XBee-Pro OEM module.

For the groundstation, you can use :
  - a standalone XBee modem (no soldering, plug and play :)
or
  - a XBee-pro OEM module (the same as in your aircraft) + USB->serial adapter cable (ex :FTDI232 cable http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/TTL-232R-3V3.htm) + a 3.3V regulator + a solder iron :)

Warning :
- Two sets of XBee and XBee-PRO adapters are offered: Series 1 and Series 2 and they are not compatible.
- If you want to use in the same time a 2.4GHz video transmitter as payload, XBee system is not suitable (same frequency band)

@+
Michel