[Paparazzi-devel] GCS and Debian

From: Uttam Chandrashekhar
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] GCS and Debian
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 23:25:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi everybody!

Now that we have the PCB's getting made, ( Thanks to everyone who responded to that thread, and sent me the Gerbers! ) I'll use this time to setup the GCS. I have downloaded the Live CD, what is the normal recommended setup followed by most here? I will use a Laptop, with no OS installed and set it up exclusively for paparazzi from scratch. Do I install Debian from the Live CD, and then follow the steps on the paparazzi website to install all necessary paparazzi packages and set up environment variables? Any other tips on setting up the GCS?

Sorry for so many questions, but I just want to be sure what I'm doing is right. All your suggestions are most welcome!

-Thanks again,
Uttam