Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Berg Receiver Mod

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Berg Receiver Mod
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:25:10 GMT

The IR sensors use very large value resistors that are easily affected by humidity but the receiver does not rely on such things.  Also 72MHz is a pretty low frequency and not so sensitive to detuning.  Lastly, Castle Creations doesn't coat these receivers and they know a lot more about it than we do. :)

Just slap some heat shrink on it, keep it away from the GPS, and try to keep the antenna perpendicular to other antennas.

-- Matthew Currie <address@hidden> wrote:
Group,

 I will be modifying the Berg 4L receiver tonight and was curious if
there is any reason why I should _not_ coat the entire assembly in an
Aerosol Silicone Conformal Coating for protection mechanically and
problems of moisture in foggier weather, etc.  While I realize the IR
sensors may be of limited use in rain / fog I sure don't want the weak
link to be something I can correct for now.  My only reasons for being
cautious would be RF detuning, contamination, etc.

Regards,
Matthew Currie