[Paparazzi-devel] BL Question

From: Matthew Currie
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] BL Question
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:44:33 -0700

Group,

  I purchased an AXI 2212/26 brushless outrunner motor, 3S1P 2100mAh 18C LiPo, Castle Creations Phoenix 35 ESC, APC 9x6 SF props, and a Wattmeter.  From what I have read everywhere, including group-member reports this should have put me @ around 12A the max current for the motor.  Instead, with the wattmeter attached I watch the current climb steadily up to 12A from 0-90% throttle then the last 10% of throttle I see the current skyrocket from 12-19A.  The motor (obviously) gets quite hot at this point even for brief 5 second runs.  Anyone know what is going on?  A flying buddy said "dont worry about it thats static current and will get better in the air" but I want to be 110% sure before I smoke a motor.  If it "gets better in the air", my argument would then be what is the point of a wattmeter? =)

Regards,
Matthew Currie