Re: Re: [Paparazzi-de =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vel] USB Flashing?=

From: martin
Subject: Re: Re: [Paparazzi-de =?ISO-8859-1?Q?vel] USB Flashing?=
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:28:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Alexis,

> It is working fine now! Thanks!

changed the udev rules in the cvs.

> I am using the Classix V0.99. According to the schematic, P0.23 is not
> connected to anything! Does this pin should be connected to the +5V
> coming from the usb cable (I guess this is USB_Vbus you are talking
> about?)?

Yes. The very first lines of the bootloader code need to know if it
should run the ap or bootloader software. That is done by a pin. Either
P0.23 or any other (if bootloader is changed). You might want to use a
voltage divider as seen on the Tiny board - the LPC should be 5V proof
but this USB_Vbus voltage is there at least for a short time while the
LPC is not powered by 3.3V.

>  Is it normal that the LED are not always flashing after a
> power down? I would expect that once the board is flashed you don't
> always need to reprogram it?

You need to program only once. But if P0.23 is floating - so is the
decision between ap and bootloader. Maybe the "Broken pipe" error
message at the end of download is also related to that floating pin.

Anyone else using the Classix without P0.23 connected?

Martin