Re: [Paparazzi-devel] USB Flashing

From: Alexis Lussier Desbiens
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] USB Flashing
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:16:11 -0700

> Some reported problems with recent installs of Debian. I don't have a
> box to set up a new Debian. Maybe try renaming it to
> "z10-paparazzi-rules" or adding the line
>
> BUS=="usb",  SYSFS{idVendor}=="7070", GROUP="dialout"

It is working fine now! Thanks!

> > Using:
> >   sudo make AIRCRAFT=TJ1 ap.upload FLASH_MODE=IAP
> > I get
> >   Found USB device
> >   BootROM code: 2.12
> >   Part ID: 0x0402FF25 (LPC2148, 512k Flash, 32k+8k RAM)
> >   BootLoader version: 1.3
> >   #######################
> >   Starting software at 0x00004000
> >   USB error: Broken pipe
> >   go failed at 0x00004000
> >   make[1]: *** [upload] Error 1
> >   make: *** [ap.upload] Error 2
>
> This is not critical as at this point the verify went fine and the code
> should be flashed ok. A possible cause of the error is that the LPC
> ended the USB connection before the acknowledge was sent. Anyone else
> see this?

Still doing that!

> If it is blinking, the autopilot code should operate. What board are you
> using exactly? Is the P0.23 (or another pin with the bootloader changed)
> connected to the USB_Vbus? This pin tells the bootloader to either
> download (high) or run the application (low). In older classix designs
> this connection is missing. This would lead to a random start of the ap
> software.

I am using the Classix V0.99. According to the schematic, P0.23 is not
connected to anything! Does this pin should be connected to the +5V
coming from the usb cable (I guess this is USB_Vbus you are talking
about?)?  Is it normal that the LED are not always flashing after a
power down? I would expect that once the board is flashed you don't
always need to reprogram it?

Something else that is weird. Let say I am doing:
- Power up with USB cable connected
- lsusb list the board
- Compile and flash... still get the USB Broken pipe error message
- lsusb doesn't find the board anymore, reset with the USB cable in
always launch the program (led flashing) and I need to power down the
board to find it again (I guess it *reset* the USB connection)...

Ok... I am a little bit confused about the next step with the GCS and
all that stuff... Let say I got the LED flashing, what should I do
next? I wish I could do a simple test like reading data and
controlling servo...

Thanks!

     Alexis