Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS precision

From: Achim Walther
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] GPS precision
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:16:36 +0200

Ethan,

I recall you're from Germany. If so, you may have a look at this discussion
from a german robot forum:
http://www.roboternetz.de/phpBB2/zeigebeitrag.php?p=273522#273522 . Here,
Christian states that a DIY differential GPS did not work for him. That
surprised me because I had different information from the Net.

However, you will have to try it yourself. Choosing two identical GPS receivers
would probably be an advantage. Anyway, common GPS receivers use SBAS which
should give a horizontal precision of 3 meters. That's almost as good as DGPS...

Regards, Achim.

--
http://www.voidpointer.de

-------- Original-Nachricht --------