[Paparazzi-devel] USB converter problem...

From: Alexis Lussier Desbiens
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] USB converter problem...
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:58:10 -0700

Hi,

I am just done soldering all the part on a Classix paparazzi board. I
powered it with 5V, connected P0.14 to ground and RX from the AP chip
to TX of the computer and Tx from the AP chip to Rx from the computer
(with the TTL-232R-3V3 cable). I reset the board and then I download
the USB bootloader with "make upload_bl PROC=GENERIC" and I get this
error:

Can't open COM-Port /dev/ttyUSB0

The only way I can get around is by plugging the USB cable just after
I type the make command and then I get a few :

ioctl get ok, status = 6
ioctl get ok, status = 6
ioctl get ok, status = 6
ioctl get ok, status = 4
ioctl get ok, status = 4
ioctl get ok, status = 0
ioctl get ok, status = 0
Synchronizing.ioctl get ok, status = 0

but it always end up with:

ioctl get failed

Any idea of what I am doing wrong? Should I program the FBW chip
first? It seems that the problem is in the USB converter...

Thanks for your help, I am anxious to try flying something with this board! :-)

     Alexis