AW: [Paparazzi-devel] wiki / buying intention

From: Ethan Arnold
Subject: AW: [Paparazzi-devel] wiki / buying intention
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 08:41:19 +0200

Nisma,

Maybe it would cause less confusion if you just made an offer for the
standard Paparazzi boards, without confusing everybody with other features.
Not that they are not interesting, but it is simply not what most people
want right now.

You keep writing mails with different infos, one per day, every time you
offer little bits of info but never a complete concept with ALL the details
in one document. Also I sure wouldnt order any custom board without seeing
the layout and circuit before, and I'm not sure anyone else on this list
would.

If you want to go your own way with a setup or components that nobody else
has worked with before, and nobody has software for (WITHOUT changes),
except yourself, you will just have to produce and support them by yourself,
I dont think you can expect much support from a community that shares every
line of code and every dot in the circuits and layouts, if you do not share
also.

If I was a hobbyist wanting to experiment with an autopilot, I would not
feel safe going with an individual solution supported only by an individial,
instead of a community project with at least 5 active people which has
existed for years.

To put it bluntly, I (for one) know what Paparazzi can do and I want one, I
dont really care how many processors of what type or how many bits the ADC
has, it's a free project and I want to support it, it has won many contests
and I know that it works and is still being improved so for me there is not
question that I want Paparazzi and no other experiments.

And if I may add, personally I feel you should post on this list with your
full real name and mention where you live and work. Everyone else does not
hold back with this information, and there is a certain thing called
netiquette that requests (I'm not even saying requires) that people use real
names in mailing lists. I usually have my signature with full address in
every email, not for advertising because I dont really sell anything, but
just because I feel it belongs there. I do remove it often when posting on
this list, simply to reduce clutter because everyone already knows who I am.

Regards,
Ethan

--
Robo-Store Ltd.