Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New to your project

From: Antoine
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] New to your project
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 00:04:11 +0200

Hi Yves

Yves Touchette wrote:
Hi,

I'm from Montreal, Canada and I have been looking into your project for the last couple of days.

I have a great interrest for UAV and MAV. I also have some model air plane and microcontroller experiance.

First let me congradulate you for some very impressive results.

I was able to replay the logs and watch the GUI of the ground station do it's thing, etc.

I'd like to hear a little more about the direction of the project.

I have so many questions :)

Basically, should I invest time and money on building the AVR based hardware of paparazzi2 or should I start working on the hardware platform from paparazziv3?

pp2 and pp3 are only software releases . pp3 runs on both avr and arm

About paparazzi3, will it be IMU based only, or will the IR sensor be usable as well?

The current best sensor uses both infrared and gyro - on big aircrafts ( like twinstar ) IR alone is enough - on smallest one, gyro+IR is a must

I'm confused about the various controlers found in the CVS... What's the difference between tiny and tiny_proto? On the classix, where is there two ARM processors?

tiny proto was the very first batch of the boards - tiny contains some enhancement and bug fixes

Are you planning to have a single CPU (FBW and autopilot) board and a dual CPU (one for FBW and one for autopilot) board?

tiny is single CPU, classix ( and their avr ancester, v1_2_1 and lite) are dual CPU boards

Do you have an ARM based autopilot airworthy yet?

yes, both tiny and classix are performing very well

Do you plan on maintaining support for the airborne hardware of paparazzi2 (AVR) into the paparazzi3 ground station?

We plan to maintain support for avr boards as long as possible - But if you're starting I would highly recomend going for an arm boards

See you soon

Antoine

I have so many questions, I better stop here for now :)

Thanks in advance!

-yvest